Position: Project Engineer
Reports to: Project Manager
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Omaha, NE
GENERAL SUMMARY Full-time Project Engineer position with MCL Construction, a general contractor based in Omaha, NE. MCL specializes in commercial/building construction. Visit our website for details on who we are and what we build. The Project Engineer - Construction position provides administrative, analytical, and technical support to the project team in a field construction environment. Areas of involvement and responsibility may include: scheduling, change management, document control, submittal review, safety, purchasing, materials, equipment, subcontractors, project records, and project closeout. The position interacts regularly with MCL project management, owner management, subcontractors, and material suppliers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
· Develop and maintain project schedules, or assist in project scheduling.
· Regularly interact with and maintain good working relationship with owner and architect, subcontractors, material suppliers and all members of the project team.
· Assist in the management of subcontractors and material suppliers on the project
· Maintain project documents
· Maintain change management documents
· Maintain project cost control documents
· Review and maintain submittal documents
· Assist in development of work plans and estimates
· Assist Project Manager and Superintendent with pre-construction activities
· Conduct coordination, pre-installation, pre-construction, and subcontractor coordination meetings
· Coordinate Owner/Architect/Contractor (OAC) and other project update meetings
· Monitor and ensure project quality.
· Manage project Closeout
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Attention to detail, thorough
· Strong work ethic and passion for construction
· Work well in a field construction environment.
· Ability to coordinate or manage multiple MCL employees and/or subcontractors when required.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Effective oral and written communication
· Work well in a team environment
· Ability to read and understand project specifications and drawings
· Understand and perform project scheduling and cost control
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION A minimum of two years’ field construction experience is desired, commonly as a Project Engineer, Field Engineer, or Assistant Project Manager. Additional years of experience and experience on larger projects ($10M+) are a plus. A Bachelors degree in construction management, construction engineering, or a related field will be typical of candidates. Candidates with an acceptable combination of experience and education will be considered. Candidates will be technology literate and proficient in the Microsoft environment (Excel, Word, Outlook). Candidates must possess a valid driver’s license.